Wednesday 10 October 2012

Keeping Things Under Wraps

Hello again, 

Wow, it has been a busy week here and it isn't over yet .... tonight I will, hopefully, have two projects to post. 

First up, is my entry into the 3rd day of the Thirteen Days of Halloween challenges. 

The challenge was to wrap our projects up in Gauze. I knew what I wanted to do, sort of, I wanted to wrap a candle but I haven't yet bought a suitable Mummy image from the wonderful Simply Betty range so I was a little unsure where I was going to go from there. 

With a little help (again) from my wonderful fiance, I eventually decided to wrap, not only the candle, but also my chosen image! So here you have it .... 


I chose the Alex Track stamp from the recent Olympics collection and coloured his face, hands and feet with my promarkers. 


I wrapped his body, arms and legs with fine gauze, cut down into thin strips. The gauze got a little stringy whilst doing this but it does cling to itself so there was no need for glue! I aged his bandages a little with my Sandstone Promarker. 

You can't tell too well on the photos but his bandages are coming a little unravelled as he runs away from the ghost ....


I need to make a better ghost when I have more time but we've been so busy this week that I just hadn't the time tonight and I still have my day 5 preview to make too. Yikes! 

Anyway, I hope you like my candle. 

Thank you for stopping by. 

Beth x 

5 comments:

Scrap Vamp said...

Lol! So cute!

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

oh too much fun..seriously unique and very cute he is so fuzzy ..love it.Thanks for joining us at SCC and good luck

Flutterby Trina said...

fun idea! x

Corinne said...

what a wonderful idea, great job and thanks for joining us at 13 Days of Halloween at SCC
Hugs

Betty Boo! said...

HOw stinkin cute!!! I love how you wrapped Alex!