Thursday 18 October 2012

Slime and Grime

For once, I have a card to share with you that hasn't taken hours of my time or caused me a massive crisis of confidence, I pretty much "threw" it together! That's not to say I didn't plan it or take care over it, of course, but there was a serious time constraint, I hadn't picked up a pen until 8pm with the challenge it was made for closing at 3am and once I had chosen an image and a couple of papers, everything just "worked" for me.
The sixth challenge of the 13 days of Halloween was to create something incorporating Lime Green and distressing! 

So here is my card - 



I selected this image because I thought she would lend herself to the distressed look and also because she isn't the sort of image I would usually choose to use. One day, I'll set myself a challenge of using every stamp I own on at least one project ... one day, way into the future! 



I coloured her with my Promarkers, Apple, Meadow Green and Lime Zest for the Green bits and Cool Greys 3, 4 and 5 for the Black bits. I used Ivory, Satin and Blush for her skin. 

I backed her on some beautiful Green and Black papers I recently received. I hand tore the black to give it a distressed look. 



I added some Lime Green webbing and a couple of die cut Bats which I stuck with a sticky pad and bent the wings to add dimention. 



I hope you like my Slime and Grime card. 

Thank you for stopping by. 

Beth x 

3 comments:

Corinne said...

oh Beth, this card is GREAT! Love it! Thanks for joining us for our 13 Days of Halloween
Hugs

Trudie said...

Great job Beth.... Glad your goodies came in handy! Thanks for playing along again with us at SBS 13 days of Halloween. xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card
thank you for joining in with the 13 days of Halloween
Love Jan
xx