Thursday 4 October 2012

Trick or Treat

I LOVE Halloween and I have finally found someone who loves it as much as me ... Betty Roberts. On her Simply Challenged blog, sister to the Simply Betty blog, they run 13 days of Halloween - 13 Halloween inspired challenges with just a couple of days for each, running right up to Halloween. I am excited about these to say the least!! 

Challenge One was to create a Halloween project suitable for a child, so I set to work creating some goody bags for the local kiddies when they come Trick or Treating! 

Here they are - 



They were such good fun to make and so easy. I made up some bags of sweet, cut two sizes of nestie, which I coloured using chalks. I layered them up, added an image and wrote on them.


The biggest challenge was colouring the images, due to their size. 



I had to use a set of basic children's pencils to colour the images as my pens are too thick to get into the small areas, even with the fine tips added to them. 



I chose these nesties as I thought the points and curves added a nice spooky touch. 


I think I'll be needing to make more of these ready for the big day but challenge number one definitely got me started. 

I hope you like them. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

Beth x 

7 comments:

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

ooh great idea the kids are going to love these..thanks for entering over at SCC and good luck!

Scrap Vamp said...

These are fantastic!

Corinne said...

Oh how AWESOME!!! what a great idea and a fantastic job! Thanks for joining us!
Hugs

Irene's Creations said...

Awesome bags. Thanks for joining in the SBC challenge of 13 Days of Halloween.

Trudie said...

A great collection of goody bags.... I love that you have done so many and used a great variety of images. Thanks for entering our first 13 days of Halloween challenge. xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

These look super scrummy
thank you for joining in with the 13 days of Halloween
Love Jan
xx

Gina Lindsay said...

I love these! You are right, that nestie is perfect for these. Great job coloring the images too.