Tuesday 28 August 2012

SB Olympic Cards

Wow, I can't believe how quickly this year is flying by. We're almost in September, the leaves aren't far from falling from the trees, the nights are drawing in and still, England does not *really* seem to have had a summer!! Despite the lack of sunshine, we have had an amazing year here with the Queen's Jubilee and the Olympics, and tomorrow we see the opening of the Paralympics! I can't wait!! 

During the Olympics, the DT over at Simply Betty, held their own games. I managed to enter 7 of the 10 challenges. I thought it was about time I shared them with you. 

Here is the card I made for the Opening Ceremony - 


The brief was to make a "celebration" card. It's fair to say, this isn't the best card I have ever made but it is quite possibly the most colourful ...

Challenge two, was the 100m Zombie Chase. Here's the card I made - 


I really like the simplicity of this card and I'm pleased with the colouring too. 

The third challenge was Battling Broomsticks. Again here, I used the same image twice - 


I particularly enjoyed colouring the images for this card. I won the Silver medal for this challenge! 

I missed challenge 4, unfortunately I didn't have time to enter all. I did enter challenge 5, which was Familiar Throwing. Here is the card I made - 


I won the Silver medal for this card too!

The next challenge up was Skull Games. Any game played with a ball can be played with a skull.


This card required a bit more creativity than some of the others. Jedi Betty became a baseball star. She borrowed the Skull from one of Little Shop of Horror's, Rio's flowers. I have no idea what occasion I could ever use this card for, but I love it!! I won the Silver medal for this challenge too! 

Challenge 7 saw us playing Pass the Pumpkin - 


I used the image created for our upcoming Secret Pumpkin Swap. I won another Silver medal for this card. 

Challenge 8 was the last challenge I managed to enter. This challenge was Vaulting Vampires - 


I won the Gold medal for this card. 

As you may have guessed from my watermarks, we competed individually and as teams. Obviously I was on Team GB, who I'm pleased to report won convincingly! 

Individually I won the Bronze medal. Not bad with missing almost a third of the challenges!! 

I really hope you like my cards. 

Thanks for stopping by, 

Beth xx 

No comments: