Monday 25 June 2012

I'm Baaaaaaaack (For Good)


Once again, life and business has gotten in the way of my crafting. I know I've said this before, but No More! I've invested in some gorgeous new stamps (mostly Magnolia's, as well as a larger than intended number of Digi stamps, mostly from Some Odd Girl and Simply Betty), a bundle of new Promarkers, dies, card blanks, candi and all manner of other crafty goodies over the last two months, all of which means I now HAVE to get some creating done. At least one day a week, I will be taking some time out for myself so I should, in theory, have something to share every week (even if it's just some colouring). 

I've already put a few of my new goodies to use. I had three Father's Day cards to make. 


For my Dad's card, I chose Lillyrose the Dragon from the Magnolia Princes and Princesses collection. Coloured in green and brown and teamed with papers in the same colours, I kept the card simple and clean. 



For my Father in law's card, I chose a Vespa Digi stamp from Little Musings. I coloured the Vespa in blue and cream to match a scooter he used to own. I really enjoyed colouring this image, especially the black and grey areas, using my new set of Cool Grey Promarkers. Again, I teamed the image with a nice backing paper with matching blues and greys.



My partner's step dad's card was harder to find an image for. In the end I settled on an image from a free colouring page of a cricketer and teamed it with a lovely cricket themed paper I downloaded. I'm really enjoying printing images and papers to suit any project.


I also needed to make a card for my Father in law's birthday, which falls just after Father's day. I chose the Bus stamp from the Papermania, Portobello Road collection, coloured to match the old Walsall Corporation buses of this style.


I took the opportunity to make a card for my partner's Grandma who has been unwell. I used my new Boo Bear die cutter and new flower and butterfly dies to create a fairly simple but very cute design.


I really enjoyed making all of these cards. Next up is a card for an 85th Birthday! I'll see you with that soon.

Beth x




No comments: