Friday 3 August 2012

Christmas? In August?

Well, I finally sat down and made my first Christmas card this week. Yep, early August and I have officially started to prepare! I'm sure I'll still be completely disorganised and in a flap come December. Some things never change. 


So, why the early Christmas card? It isn't just down to my plan for an easy run up to the big day (haha). Over on the Clear it Out challenge blog, the current challenge is "Christmas in July", using red and green. Over on Cute Card Thursday, the challenge this week is "Clean and Simple", using minimal layering and embellishments. The challenge on the One Stop Craft Challenge blog is "Good Friends" and over on Party Time Tuesdays it's "Anything Goes". 


So armed with a few Christmas bits from my craft boxes and a lovely Simply Betty digi stamp (Betty and Rudolph), I set about creating this - 




I coloured Betty and Rudolph with my Promarkers. I used Ivory, Blush, Satin and a dab of Dusky Pink for her skin. I coloured her hair with Ivory, Cocoa, Cinnamon and Sandstone. I used the same colours for Rudolph. For Betty's hat I used Crimson, Ruby and Lipstick Red. For her dress I used Pine and Lush Green. 





I kept the card simple with minimal layering, just one backing paper for the main image and just crochet ribbon for embellishment. The crochet ribbon I have had in my box for about 3 years! - 






I finished the card with a simple stamped sentiment - 






I hope you like my card. Thank you for stopping by. 


Beth x 

2 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

Your first Christmas card is adorable! Love the image. So cute!
Thanks for sharing it with the Clear it Out Challenge!
~Sandy
sandy’s crafty creations

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Beth! You colored it beautifully!
Thanks so much for joining us at Clear It Out. We look forward to seeing you again.
Huggies ~
Sharron♥