Friday 24 August 2012

Congratulations

As some of you may have recently read, my sister received her A-level results last week. Well, I'm happy to report that I am a very proud big sister, she got A A B. Clever clogs!!

The crazy girl is now off to University to study Physics .... !! In some ways, we could not be more opposite! This is, most definitely, one of those ways!! I stuck to a social science ... Psychology and boy, am I ever glad I did!

Anyway, I decided that although I absolutely LOVE the card I made using the Saturated Canary Graduate image, that I would make a new card. (This decision was made before I learned that her grades had been adjusted to AAB and thought that they were ABB which didn't quite get her into her favoured universities so I didn't think the graduate would be well received!).

So, here is the new card I made for her -


I used the gorgeous Dark Fairy Brittany stamp from the new Simply Betty, Halloween Judes collection. I love her! I coloured her using my Promarkers. Ivory, Blush and Satin for her skin. For her hair, clothing and boots I used Orchid, Lilac and Amethyst. Her wings and clothing are coloured using Cool Grey's 1-5.


I mounted her on some beautiful paper I was sent in a swap a few months ago. I added a strip of black polka dot ribbon over a strip of white ribbon. I stamped a sentiment using a stamp from my woodware Baby stamps set -


I added some card candy to add interest to a plain spot -


I also matched this with a singular dot of candi in the opposite corner -


I hope you like it!

Thank you for stopping by,

Beth x

No comments: